Storm Damage? SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County Can Help
Regardless of the Storm Damage, We Can Help
Storms occur with little warning and can be especially devastating, so you’ll need the company that you can trust to rise to the occasion. Regardless of the type of storm, SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County can handle any size disaster. During catastrophic storms and major events, our Disaster Recovery Team can respond quickly with additional resources.
- Flooding caused by heavy rains
- Tornadoes and wind damage
- Wild fires
Here in Northwest Indiana we can get severe weather any day of the year, but spring and summer bring more opportunities for severe thunderstorms. SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County professionals are highly trained and prepared for all storm related damages. Give us a call at (219)947-9931 if your home or business has been affected by a storm.
The SERVPRO Experience
SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County is a company with the resources and experience to be a national leader in cleaning and restoration.
Some of our services include:
- Fire, Smoke and Soot
- Water Removal and Dehumidification
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
- Catastrophic Storm Response
- Move Outs and Contents Restoration
- Electronics and Equipment
- Document Drying
- Air Ducts and HVAC
- Biohazard, Crime Scene and Vandalism
- Carpet, Upholstery, Drapes and Blinds
- Ceilings, Walls and Hard Floors
- Odor Identification
*Services may vary by location
When you call a SERVPRO Professional, you can expect:
- Fast Response
- Convenient Service
- Damage Containment
- Extensive Experience
- Vast Resources
SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County PROUDLY serves:
- Lake Station
- Crown Point
- Surrounding areas
When fire and water take control of your life, we help you take it back. Call us at (219) 947-9931
Emergency Fire Damage Tips
Emergency DOs AND DON'Ts
These emergency tips will assist you in taking proper action until a SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County Professional arrives. Follow these DOs and DON'Ts to help reduce damage and increase the chances of a successful restoration.
- Limit movement in the home to prevent spot particles from being embedded into carpet and avoid tracking
- Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls and artwook.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop door open to help prevent odor.
- Wipe soot from metal kitchen and bathroom faucets, trim and appliances.
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first consulting your SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County Professional.
- Don't attempt to shampoo carpet, rugs or upholstered furniture without consultation.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without first consulting with an authorized repair service.
If your home or business has been affected by fire, call SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County.
Emergency Water Damage Tips For Your Hobart, Indiana Home
Water Damage In Your Hobart, Indiana Home
Even small water damages have the potential to cause serious structural and indoor air quality issues over time. The key to avoiding costly future restoration is to handle every water problem as a real threat to your property. Call SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County at (219) 947-9931. We will be there as soon as possible, but here are some Emergency Water Damage Tips to follow until we arrive:
- Shut off the water source if possible
- Turn off circuit breaker for wet areas of the building when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Move any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other sensitive valuables to a dry place
- Do not ever affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers, or electrical equipment are exposed to water. ALWAYS avoid electrical shock hazards
- Don't use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water, this could cause electrical shock or damage to the vacuum cleaner
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water
Disaster At Your Rental Property
Our First Priority is to Return Damaged Property to Pre-Loss Conditions
When disaster strikes at one of your properties, we know your first priority is the safety and well-being of your clients. Whether it's an industrial facility or multi-family properties, our professionals are experienced in maintaining the security and safety of the facility and tenants while isolating the damage. We work efficiently to minimize the interruptions for your tenants' daily lives.
Types of Facilities:
- Multi-level Commercial Buildings
- Multi-tenant Facilities
- Small Office Buildings
- Shopping Malls
- Apartment Complexes
- Industrial Facilities
SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County Professionals are available 24-7/365 to help remediate any damage, regardless of the cause, scale of the loss, or the size of your facility.
Have an emergency at your property? -Call Us Now (219)947-9931
Since 1907 SERVPRO has been handling stains and soils of all types, from residential homes to commercial facilities. Using IICRC standards for carpet cleaning care as a guide, SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County Professionals will guide you in the best decisions to care for your carpet. This includes:
- Showing you what cleaning options would be best for your level of soiling
- Giving you an estimate of time and cost for the carpet cleaning
- Explaining the benefits of soil protection and the advantages of a clean carpet for good indoor air quality
Here are some examples of our carpet care options:
Bonnet Cleaning-cleaning/maintenance for light soiling
Hot Water Extraction-cleaning for light to moderate soiling
Deluxe Precondition and Rinse-cleaning for moderate to heavy soiling; pre-treat and rinse
Showcase Premier Cleaning-cleaning for moderate to heavy soiling
Call SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County and we will help will all of your cleaning needs. (219) 947-9931
Whether a flood or leaky pipe, SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County can help
NO WATER DAMAGE IS TOO BIG OR SMALL
The first 24 hours following a water incident are the most important in preventing secondary or permanent damage. Within four hours of loss notification, a SERVPRO professional will be on site to help ensure a water damage is handled by completing the following steps.
SERVPRO will inspect affected areas to determine the extent of water damage and will review the inspection with you to answer any questions before beginning any work.
Our professionals will take steps to help protect your home or business, as well as personal belongings and other contents, from further damage by extracting the excess water and prepare the area for drying. They will explain the needed emergency services to you step-by-step.
To help ensure your home or business and belongings are dried to appropriate industry standards, we will monitor the drying process. The updates will be consistently communicated to you.
We will repair structural materials, reinstall carpets, and clean affected areas of your property and belongings. A final walk-through of the jobsite will be conducted with you to help ensure the property was returned to preloss condition.
Call SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County if water damage affects your home or business. (219)947-9931
No Job Is Too Large
Storm and flood damage can be devastating, and you need the company with storm damage experience.
The SERVPRO Commercial Large Loss Division is composed of our best of the best in restoration. Our elite large-loss specialists are prequalified and strategically positioned throughout the United States to handle any size disaster.
Every large loss is supervised by a commercial operations manager to help ensure seamless communication and timely mitigation.
At SERVPRO, the difference is our ability to dispatch trained production professionals and cut costs through strategic placement and oversight of temporary labor. Get the professionals, call SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County. (219) 947-9931
Clients for the Commercial Large Loss program include the following:
- The Hospitality Industry
- Property Managers
Whether it's a tornado, hurricane, or flood-SERVPRO Disaster Recovery Teams can provide help fast.
A Special Thank You To Our Hobart Firefighters
Here at SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County we know that your business is your number 1 priority. Any type of damage to your business can be critical. Especially a fire. Not only does a fire destroy with its flames but the smoke and heat also are huge factors. Fire is not the only thing that destroys your business, the fire fighting materials will also do some major damage. Firefighters use water, powders and foam to put out the fire.
We are so very thankful for all of the first responders hard work and appreciate everything they do for us. They pave the way for us to come in and get you back into your business as soon as possible. SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County is highly trained in fire and water cleanup and restoration. We understand that your business being affected by a fire will result in lost revenue and productivity. We will take care of you and your business and get you back to pre-fire condition
A basement can flood at any time, but flooding often happens during heavy rainfall. And in our area we get plenty of rain during our spring storm season. Basements are prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a house and are built below ground level. Water runs from high to low ground and unfortunately straight into your basement. Excessive rain in a short period of time can saturate the earth around your basement and push through foundation cracks. THIS is when you call SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County. (219) 947-9931. We can answer any questions you have and get our highly trained technicians out to you right away!
SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County proudly serves Hobart Indiana, Lake Station Indiana, Gary Indiana, Merrillville Indiana, Crown Point Indiana, and ALL surrounding areas