Emergency Fire Damage Tips
Emergency DOs AND DON'Ts
These emergency tips will assist you in taking proper action until a SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County Professional arrives. Follow these DOs and DON'Ts to help reduce damage and increase the chances of a successful restoration.
- Limit movement in the home to prevent spot particles from being embedded into carpet and avoid tracking
- Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls and artwook.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop door open to help prevent odor.
- Wipe soot from metal kitchen and bathroom faucets, trim and appliances.
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first consulting your SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County Professional.
- Don't attempt to shampoo carpet, rugs or upholstered furniture without consultation.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without first consulting with an authorized repair service.
If your home or business has been affected by fire, call SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County.