Limit Mold Growth
Did you know one of the most effective ways to limit mold is to mitigate water damage as quickly as possible? "Moisture control is the key to mold control. When water leaks or spills occur indoors-act promptly. A prompt response (within 24-48 hours) and thorough clean-up, drying, and/or removal of water-damaged materials will prevent or limit mold growth." Quoted from OSHA
Water extraction to remove excessive amounts of water followed by fast, thorough drying of the structure and contents is important in preventing mold growth. In the event mold remediation is required, SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County will perform mold remediation work according to industry standards.
We are available 24/7. Call us immediately if you have a water damage or if you think you have mold.
FAST Commercial Cleaning
When you need it done right and done fast, call SERVPRO for all your commercial cleaning needs. Did you know that when you hire SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County for maintenance cleaning, you get around-the-clock restoration services built with you in mind? Quality cleaning and quick response-that's the SERVPRO way!
Can't figure out how to get the job done? Call SERVPRO for all your emergency restoration needs. Because when you experience a fire, water or mold damage in your facility, you need fast response and the expertise to get the job done right, ensuring your business can get back into operation as quickly as possible. Through it all, you expect the most reliable information and the very best service at a fair price. We are committed to providing fire and water cleanup and restoration services to reduce business interruptions and recovery costs.
CALL US AT 219-947-9931
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your basement could flood, including:
A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
Storm sewer backup
Sanitary sewer backup
Foundation drainage failure
Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today -(219)947-9931
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help!
Call our office located in Hobart, Indiana.
Water Or Fire Damage To Your Church
Your church is your congregation's shelter, helping shield them from the storms of life. But if life's literal storms damage your place of worship - or if your cleaning goes beyond the reach of your staff - call SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County. No stain is too small and no storm damage is too big for our SERVPRO team. We have the training, experience and equipment to restore and clean churches quickly, helping make it "Like it never even happened."
When life's storms roll in, leave the building restoration to us so you can continue restoring lives.
Call your friends at SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County. (219)947-9931
**Don't forget that we are available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.**
SERVPRO SYSTEM SERVICES
- Fire, Smoke and Soot
- Water Removal and Dehumidification
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
- Catastrophic Storm Response
- Move Outs and Contents Restoration
- Electronics and Equipment
- Document Drying
- Contents Claim Inventory Service
- Air Ducts and HVAC
- Biohazard, Crime Scene and Vandalism
- Carpet, Upholstery, Drapes and Blinds
- Ceilings, Walls and Hard Floors
Apartments, Hotels, Shopping Malls...OH MYY. We Do It All!
AT SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County our priority is returning damaged property and items to their preloss condition. Whether natural or man-made, a disaster at one of your client’s facilities needs to be handled by professionals who understand the importance of your tenants’ safety. At SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County our team is trained in helping manage both commercial and multi-family properties during the recovery process while maintaining the security and safety of the facility and tenants. Our professionals work hard and fast to minimize the interruptions for your tenants’ daily operations. Our experience with property management companies has given us the ability to provide a variety of detailed services for the following types of facilities:
- Multi-Level Commercial Buildings
- Multi-Tenant Facilities
- Shopping Malls
- Apartment Complexes
- Industrial Facilities
If you experience ANY kind of damage to your facilities contact us at 219-947-9931.
Mold In Your Home
MOLD is a scary word, so here is a little information on it to make it not seem TOO scary. And just know, WE ARE HERE TO HELP.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your Lake County home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training equipment and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County Today – (219)947-9931
4th of July Safety Tips
With the 4th of July quickly approaching we wanted to increase awareness about fire safety and burn injuries. Every year, thousands of people are injured using consumer fireworks and they start an average of 18,500 fires resulting in property damage. All of us at SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County want you to enjoy your Independence Day, and we hope you do so SAFELY. Here are a few tips that we like to follow:
- Obey local laws
- Keep spectators a safe distance from the fireworks
- Make sure all fireworks are supervised by an adult
- Do not point or throw fireworks at another person
- Avoid lighting fireworks in a residential area
- Follow the directions on all fireworks
- NEVER use homemade fireworks
- Keep appropriate fire prevention tools on hand
- Use common sense
It is never too early to think about safety measures for your 4th of July celebration. These tips about holiday safety only scratch the surface, but you can learn more by visiting the National Council on Firework Safety.
Fire Damage? Call us.
If you experience a fire in your home or business, give us a call and we will help you immediately. SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County knows how devastating a fire can be, so here is a quick look at our process so you can have a little piece of mind before we start on your property.
SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County will contact you within one hour to arrange a technician or manager to come out for service.
Within four hours, our trained Professional will arrive to assess the damage or begin emergency mitigation services.
All questions and concerns will be addressed and our technician will review the damage site with you.
We will begin our pretesting process to see what we can restore. We want to save as much of property as possible.
Within eight business hours SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County will be in contact with your adjuster if a claim has been filed.
We will then clean and restore your contents and structure.
Once the work is complete, we will conduct a final walk through to help ensure you are 100% satisfied.
Equipment Used For Water Removal
If you have ever experienced water damage in your home or business, you have seen some of our equipment. What is that big wand thing? What is that noisy thing? How are you going to remove ALL that water? SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County has a variety of extraction equipment to provide sufficient water removal. Here is a quick overview of what we use to answer any of your questions:
- Extraction Units-removes excess water
- Small portable units are smaller and flexible and can be taken into any area of a building. They require electricity so power in the structure is necessary or will need to use a generator.
- Truck-mounted extractors offer a more powerful vacuum. It runs off of the vehicles fuel, so power in the facility is not necessary. This machine is extremely loud and it does have some limitations. For instance, the hose length could be tricky to tackle a multi-level structure.
- Light wands or “carpet wands” are appropriate for removing water from carpet
- Deep Extraction Tools-attachments for the extractors
- Self propelled are powered by an independent motor that moves over the carpet at a consistent rate. They compress the carpet and pad, squeeze out water, and removes the water through the vacuum system.
- Stationary tools extract water from carpet and pad using the weight of the technician standing on the device. A vacuum system is attached and pulls water through small holes on the base of the unit. They are available in various sizes.
- Self-priming trash pumps are powered with gas or diesel. They offer easy access if they become clogged and they are very portable. They are used when water needs to be transferred horizontally, and are useful for removing water from single-story structures.
- High pressure pumps are designed to provide high pressure and are useful for pumping out underground structures, like basements and parking garages.
- Electric submersible pumps are the most common type used in water restoration. They provide continuous and quiet operation. They eliminate the suction lift limitations and run on electricity.
This was just a brief summary of our equipment. We would be more than happy to go into detail with you about any of our equipment or services. Please call SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County with any questions or concerns. 219-947-9931
Fire Restoration Safety
After a fire, our technicians want to get to work right away to help get your home to its pre-fire condition. But safety for our technicians and anyone else that will be on site is our main concern. Safety hazards are present at every fire damage work site. We need to take safety concerns seriously and need to address them properly before starting. Every fire damage is different so our highly trained technicians will take time to identify and resolve safety hazards before proceeding with the project. Doing restoration work in fire-damaged buildings is potentially dangerous. Some hazards that call for technicians to exercise special precaution are:
- Electrical Hazards
- Fire-damaged work sites are frequently wet if water was used to extinguish the fire. Mixing water and electricity is extremely dangerous!
- Structural Hazards
- Fire often causes damage to the structure of the building. The technicians will be cautious of loose or falling debris.
- Slip, Trip, and Fall
- Slip or fall accidents are a common cause of injuries. These can be avoided by following some simple preventative measures.
SERVPRO of Eastern Lake County technicians are highly trained for fire restoration. They will plan ahead for a safe work process. This may take a little extra time and we appreciate your patience during this difficult situation.